The Bhakti Roots Course (BRC) will help you:
1. Cultivate the daily habit of śravaṇaṁ and kirtanam [hearing and chanting]. It will give you tips and tools for developing a regular habit of hearing scripture (śāstra) and chanting the mahā-mantra – Hare Kṛṣṇa, Hare Kṛṣṇa, Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa, Hare Hare/ Hare Rāma, Hare Rāma, Rāma Rāma, Hare Hare.
2. Embrace and value the four regulative principles of freedom.
3. Memorize and understand the praṇāma mantras that should be chanted daily.
4. Memorize and appreciate selected slokas from the Bhagavad-gītā As It Is.
5. Discover and appreciate the rich library of Śrīla Prabhupāda’s books through select readings to facilitate a reading routine.
6. Prepare and properly honor prasādam in your home or on the road. We’ll also share with you helpful resources and recipes.
7. Listen with attention and comprehension select lectures of Śrīla Prabhupāda by inviting your own realizations after hearing.
8. Learn the basics of Vaiṣṇavas etiquette and lifestyle.
9. Discern the process, requirements, and significance of initiation into a guru-disciple relationship.
As a spiritual gardener (SB 3.2.6p), you will use a variety of tools to read, understand, and apply the content, including Memorizing śāstra and songs (Cc Ādi 16.44, purport; SB 10.2.36, purport; SP Letter to Janajanmadhih, Bombay, 11-15-75) Keeping a journal of your realizations (SP letter 11-15-75; SP lecture, 8-14-72)Hearing (śravaṇaṁ), summarizing or selecting key themes from texts (SP letter, 6-1-72)Engaging with other devotees (sādhu-saṅga), especially master gardeners (śikṣā gurus, senior devotees, etc.), in your local temple or online. Applying what you learn in your individual lives and in local temple service.