1. Cultivate the daily habit of sravanam and kirtanam [hearing and chanting]. It will give you tips and tools for developing a regular habit of hearing scripture (shastra) and chanting the maha-mantra – Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
2. Embrace and value the four regulative principles of freedom.
3. Memorize and understand the pranama mantras that should be chanted daily.
4.Memorize and appreciate selected slokas from the Bhagavad-gita As It Is.
5. Discover and appreciate the rich library of Srila Prabhupada’s books through select readings to facilitate a reading routine.
6. Prepare and properly honor prasadam in your home or on the road. We’ll also share with you helpful resources and recipes.
7. Listen with attention and comprehension select lectures of Srila Prabhupada by inviting your own realizations after hearing.
8. Learn the basics of Vaishnava etiquette and lifestyle.
9. Discern the process, requirements, and significance of initiation into a guru-disciple relationship.
This is largely a self-study course. As you complete each lesson, you mark it as complete, which unlocks the next lesson. If you have content questions or technical queries with the website, contact us here.
As a spiritual gardener (SB 3.2.6p), you will use a variety of tools to read, understand, and apply the content, including:
1. Memorizing sastra and songs (CC Ädi 16.44, purport; SB 10.2.36, purport; SP Letter to Janajanmadhih, Bombay, 11-15-75) 2. Keeping a journal of your realizations. (SP letter 11-15-75; SP lecture, 8-14-72) 3. Hearing (sravanam ), summarizing or selecting key themes from texts (SP letter, 6-1-72) 4. Engaging with other devotees (sadhu-sanga), especially master gardeners (siksa gurus, senior devotees, etc.), in your local temple or online 5. Applying what you learn in your individual lives and in local temple service
Welcome to the BRC. This course is designed to familiarize you with the BRC and with bhakti! Here you will find two lessons with multiple topics in each lesson.
This course will help you gather a deep appreciation and understanding of select verses from the Bhagavad-gita. These slokas have become the standard verses memorized by Srila Prabhupada's disciples world-wide.
This course is designed to familiarize you with the teachings of our Founder-Acaraya , A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. The course consists of listening to lectures and completing essay questions.
This is an introductory course on Vaisnava Etiquette and lifestyle. Topics include temple etiquette, instructional videos for dhotis and saris, tilak application, and devotional tasks, such as garland making.
This is an introduction course on the topics of initiation designed to help you prepare for the acceptance of your spiritual master, establishing solid sadhana practices, and keeping your feelings of bhakti.